November 11, 2015

Only 18 Percent Of Disabled Vets Say They Have Received Promised Benefits


LOS ANGELES - A new survey released by the Disabled American Veterans (DAV) group shows most veterans don’t feel they have received adequate support after returning to civilian life.

Retired U.S. Air Force Master Sergeant Kristine Hesse, who served in the military for 24 years, today works on women’s outreach for the National Veterans Foundation. 

She says that, while she is proud of her service, too many of her fellow veterans are simply not getting the support they need.

“I loved my time in the service, I was in forever and I would do it all over again,” Sgt. Hesse said. “I think I have one test that’s scheduled for January, and I made it two weeks ago. It’s not always like that. It’s hit or miss.”  More

Nutty News TodayStrange News Headlines - Strangest of the Strange - Nutty Videos Bizarre News - Pinterest Nutty News - Pet News - Nutty News Magazine - Facebook - Weird News - Nutty News on Twitter - Nutty Videos on Twitter - Strange FactsToday’s Nutty JokeStrange Crimes - True Crime Stories Updated 24 Hours A DayFBI Most WantedAmber AlertsPolitics USA TodayYour Local News - Submit Nutty News

No comments: