December 17, 2014

Michelle Obama: I Was Asked to Take Something Off a Shelf at Target

The Obamas talked with People magazine about dealing with their "own racist experiences," as the magazine described.

Michelle Obama told one story that recently took place, even as she was first lady of the United States.

"I tell this story – I mean, even as the first lady – during that wonderfully publicized trip I took to Target, not highly disguised, the only person who came up to me in the store was a woman who asked me to help her take something off a shelf. Because she didn't see me as the first lady, she saw me as someone who could help her. Those kinds of things happen in life. So it isn't anything new," Michelle Obama, who is 5'11", said.

She also said that her husband, Barack Obama, was asked to get coffee when he was wearing a tux. "He was wearing a tuxedo at a black-tie dinner, and somebody asked him to get coffee," she told People.

The president told his own experiences. "There's no black male my age, who's a professional, who hasn't come out of a restaurant and is waiting for their car and somebody didn't hand them their car keys," Obama told the magazine. More

Strange News

Politico - Drudge Report - USA Politics - Nutty News Today - CNN Headline News-Rush Limbaugh - Nutty News Videos - MSNBC - Fox News - True Crime Today - The Weekly Standard - CNN

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everything is about race for these people. People have also asked me for help thinking I worked in a store and I am white.